08 February 2008

in Which Our Hero Awakens

Welcome, all! I'm Kyle Marsh, now a junior at Harvey Mudd College. This blog is linked to the HMC Admissions office and was conceived as a means to let prospective students, their parents, and a variety of other people not directly involved with the college gain a perspective into the life of her students. That said, this blog is completely my own work which means I get to choose the topics, the wording, the style, and all other aspects of the blog without censorship from the college administration.

I will discuss my life as it relates to my college experience, various people I know through the college, different activities I've done and anything else I feel is relevant. To start off, here's a little bit about me:

I'm a martial artist and love physical activities such as climbing, parkour, and dance. In fact, I decided to concentrate my humanities work in "movement studies". You'll also find that I have terrible punctuation when it comes to quotation marks; this is an artifact of being a computer science major, as I believe quotation marks should enclose exact phrases without containing any residual syntax.

I enjoy a wide range of activities and take the opportunities I get at Mudd to try new things when they present themselves; since I've been here I've built and launched a rocket, sailed a yacht race, flown a small plane, gone "hashing" (it's a running game, since you ask), worn a santa-hat for nearly two months straight, strung hammocks from the rafters of the dining hall, re-shingled a roof and then put solar panels on it, and enjoyed some of the most rockin' guitar hero jams with my roommate of two and a half years.

I have a girlfriend whom I met on the Pre-Orientation backpacking trip when I first came to Mudd and who is studying abroad in Ireland this semester. I currently live in Atwood dorm, the largest dorm on campus and far, far superior to Trang's Sontag dorm. I work two campus jobs currently: tutoring for the Programming Languages class and Staff (system administration) for the computer science department. I have a group of friends who go tree climbing at midnight on Fridays or Saturdays and a nasty habit of climbing the side of my dorm instead of taking the stairs.

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions or comments, leave them on the comment panels here or send me an e-mail or instant message. My e-mail is firstname_lastname@hmc.edu and my AIM screenname is Shienath.

~KMarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment